Dr. Akers believes getting to know her patients on a personal level allows her to better individualize and meet their care needs.
- College: Cornell University Ithaca, NY BA Psychology 2004-2008
- Medical School: University of Texas Medical School Houston, TX 2008-2012
- Residency: Vanderbilt University Nashville, TN 2012-2015
- Nephrology Fellowship: Vanderbilt University Nashville, TN 2015-2017
- Pediatric Neurology Grand Rounds Presentation on Neurologic Manifestations of Henoch Schonlein Purpura 2011
- Award of Outstanding Academic Achievement in Neuroscience 2009