About: Rick grew up on a farm in Ohio and did his undergraduate education at Duke University. He made Colorado his home after moving here in 1994 to complete his Nephrology training. His loves are his wife, his young boy-girl twins, Duke Basketball, Ohio State Football, jazz music, coffee roasting, and skiing.
Practice Philosophy: He takes pride in his open communication style and his accessibility to patients. His goals are to present up to date medical information in an easy-to-understand style. His philosophy is to combine state of the art medical knowledge with conscientiousness and caring. He views the doctor patient relationship as a partnership, with both parties working together for the patient’s best interests.
Joined Practice: 1995
Primary Office: Lafayette & Boulder
Board Certification: Nephrology
- College: Duke University
Durham, North Carolina
- Medical School: Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Internship: Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Residency: Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Nephrology Fellowship: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Dean’s List 1984-1985
- Class List 1985-1986
- NIH Predoctoral Fellowship in Neurochemistry Ohio State University Spinal Cord Research Center, 1986