About: Dr. van Dijk received her medical degree from the University of Leiden, School of Medicine in the Netherlands before moving to the United States in 1998. She completed residency training in Internal Medicine and a fellowship in Nephrology at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, then continued in a research fellowship focusing on the development of salt-sensitive hypertension at the University of California in San Francisco. She joined the faculty as a clinic instructor and supervised the Pre-End Stage Renal Disease Clinic at San Francisco General Hospital before relocating to the Denver area to join Western Nephrology in 2006.
Dr. van Dijk has been the Medical Director of the Kidney Center of Bear Creek since it opened in 2011. She practices outpatient nephrology out of the Arvada, Lakewood, and Highlands Ranch offices and rounds at various hospitals in Denver area. Dr. van Dijk is double board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology and holds memberships to several medical societies. When not working, she spends her time with her busy family including 3 kids and a dog. She loves to hike, bike, and ski in beautiful Colorado.
Joined Practice: 2006
Primary Office: Arvada & Lakewood
Board Certification: Nephrology, Internal Medicine
- College: Leiden University
- Medical School: Leiden University, School of Medicine
- Internship: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Residency: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Nephrology Fellowship: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Nephrology Fellowship (Research): University of California, San Francisco
San Francisco, California 2004-2005
- Adjunct Instructor
University of California, San Francisco, 2005-2006
- Western American Federation of Medical Research, Renal Scholarship Award, 2005
- Western American Federation of Medical Research, Novartis Cardiovascular/Renal Scholarship Award, 2004