The mission of Western Nephrology is to provide the highest quality, compassionate medical care for patients with kidney disease. This is accomplished by:
- Continuous learning in order to maintain expertise in our field.
- Integration of clinical best practices into our care model.
- Utilization of technology and data to create efficiency and improve processes and outcomes.
- Participation in research to advance medical science in the field of Nephrology.
- Education of our medical and patient communities.
The physicians and staff of Western Nephrology operate with integrity and compassion and value our relationships with patients, health partners, and community. We practice medicine in the most comprehensive, evidence-based approach possible. Through collaboration, integration, innovation, and the use of technology we maintain our position at the forefront of evolving healthcare delivery models that improve quality of life, outcomes, and cost.
- Positive Patient Experiences: Exceed patient expectations in every encounter
- Valuing People: Show compassion and respect for others
- Continuous Learning: Be willing to learn, grow, and accept change
- Accountability: See through to completion all responsibilities and commitments
- Positive Communication: Communicate in a productive and professional manner
- Professionalism: Exhibit professionalism in communication, actions, and work environment
- Stewardship: Consider the greater good over self-interest; demonstrate integrity
Western Nephrology began practice in 1968 serving Lutheran Medical Center and St. Anthony Central Hospital. In 1973 the practice expanded to provide both inpatient and outpatient dialysis services to the West Denver Metropolitan Region.
Over the next 40 years outpatient dialysis centers were expanded to cover many hospitals and rehabilitation hospitals in the West, North, and Northwest Denver Metropolitan Regions.
Today, Western Nephrology provides consultative services to Avista Hospital, Boulder Community Hospital, Colorado Acute Hospital, Exempla Good Samaritan Hospital, Highlands Ranch Hospital, Long’s Peak Hospital, Longmont United Hospital, Lutheran Medical Center, North Suburban Hospital, St. Anthony Hospital, St. Anthony North Hospital, and Vibra Hospital. The Practice currently includes 18 board certified Nephrologists at 9 clinics – and growing. Our clinics are located in Arvada, Boulder, Frederick, Lafayette, Lakewood, Longmont, Westminster, Westminster Orchard, and Highlands Ranch.
Our physicians treat patients for a variety of conditions including kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, and end stage renal disease. We care for patients at nephrology clinics, dialysis clinics, and rehabilitation centers.
Western Nephrology physicians also serve as Medical Directors and Attending Physicians for 12 dialysis clinics in partnership with American Renal Associates, and serve as Attending Physicians at 8 DaVita dialysis clinics. We also provide services for hospital inpatient consultations and acute dialysis.
Our medical offices house 2 Clinical Research Departments and a Vascular Access Center. Our Research Departments are housed in our Arvada and Westminster Offices, and our administration office is located in Wheat Ridge. Administrative staff provide credentialing, financial support, and information systems support for the practice. Feel free to contact us for additional information.